Friday, October 01, 2004

His quiver full

Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are the sons of one's youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them. (Psalm 127.4-5)

Well, I've only got one son to go with the three daughters (on account of the good Lord loving vicars' daughters so much). But this one has made his old dad very happy today - and thank the Lord for IT minded and equipped sons - by downloading OpenOffice.org for Mac OS and sending it to me on CD. He has broadband, you see, and I don't - and it's a mere 155Mb download, which would have taken about quite a few hours if not days at my lamentable dial-up speed.

And now it's installed on the iBook and working. It's the office suite that I'm used to; it beats AppleWorks hands down; it's not Microsoft; and it's free and open source software! What could be more of a blessing on a dark, wet Friday evening?

posted by Tony at 10/01/2004 06:10:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home