Saturday, September 04, 2004

Storykeepers

I am coming late to Storykeepers. When they first appeared, our own children were already past the age of real interest in TV cartoons. Then they were also usually televised on a Sunday morning while we were at church and not taking note of what was on TV (lots of Christians miss religious programmes that way - and then the programme makers complain that they don't get enough input or support from the churches. Derr.) Then when they came out on video, I'm too mean to buy them, or embarrassed about buying them for myself.

So now I have to manufacture an occasion, by planning to use an episode as the basis for one of our all-age services. This means I can borrow the set from one of the church families, and sit in the lounge watching the adventures of Ben, Helena and the children as they try to escape the clutches of mad Nero and his soldiers, and keep the stories of Jesus alive. 'Hey, keep it down, will you? I'm working in here!'

posted by Tony at 9/04/2004 06:54:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home