Friday, July 30, 2004

Lorem ipsum

Wow, I was really pleased with this; though for those of you who know all about it, you'll have to bear with my enthusiasm.
While looking throught the Apple Works Getting Started guide, I came across a familiar piece of text I've seen in other computer books, about HTML etc.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
I suddenly thought, why does everyone use this text? Is it some modern gimmick. Not at all! I find out from Google that it's a standard bit of dummy text that has been used in printing and typesetting since the 1500's.
A great example of modern technology continuing the noble tradition.
Equivalents for theology on a postcard, please.

posted by Tony at 7/30/2004 01:19:00 pm

1 Comments:

Blogger Chera said...

Hi, I've been sneaking over here from Daniel's blog, I hope you don't mind ^..^

I just found out about the Lorem Ipsum thing just a few weeks ago. I had never heard or seen of it before, which surprised me since I went to a design/technology high school. That it's from the 1500's just fascinated me :)

As for a theological equivalent: What about reciting the Lord's Prayer or the Nicene Creed?

12:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home