Friday, August 20, 2004

News from a past life

In an earlier life (well, that's how long ago it feels) I was a librarian. Back then, it was still considered cutting edge technology to have computerised issuing of books, and even this was done by physically taking magnetic tapes recorded at the desk, to the mainframe computer at head office for processing overnight. The idea of computerised access to the catalogue, let alone Internet or the People's Network, would have been undreamed of.

Yet I'm sure it is in part my librarian nature that all this stuff appeals to, this is part of why I love it so. So I was pleased to come across this article about blogs and libraries: a match made in heaven: Regular Columns: 'Weblogs: Do they belong in libraries? ', Ariadne Issue 40

posted by Tony at 8/20/2004 07:13:00 pm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home